Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ladies' Night

Last night I went out to dinner and a movie with some great friends.  Cliff was a little skeptical of the idea, because we went to see "Tangled" and eat at Taco Bell.  I told him that this was the only way any of us were going to be able to watch that movie without someone sitting on our laps, directing musical movie chairs, or whispering in our ears.  I even got to wear a necklace, because no one would be pulling on it.  I know, it's the simple things right now.
It was a lot of fun.
Except I really missed comments like, "I would kill that bad guy dead so fast" or "He has really sharp teeth", that are whispered with a wind gust measurement of 30-35 miles an hour while simultaneously on the verge of chewing off your ear.  A lot of those comments are more entertaining than the movie itself. 
Although, I am quite glad that there were no meltdowns when the popcorn was gone and everyone went potty without crying and screaming.
Taco Bell was also nice, because we got to order our food without waiting for small people to make up their minds 3 times and then change it yet again after the order has been delivered to you.  Everyone ate all of their dinner and even put their stuff away. 
In other words, I was spoiled last night.  I was thinking of trying to do this about once a month or so, but I don't know if I could handle it all.  Well, maybe I'll still try it and see.   ;)

No comments: