Thursday, September 8, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

I know, I know, it has been a REALLY really really long time since I last posted on here.  But I do have some pretty good excuses that kinda sorta explain my absence.  Here they are, in random order:

1.  I lost the camera.  There were a lot of things I have wanted to post about, but let's face it, a picture is worth a thousand words.  Especially when it's Brandon holding up the first fish he ever caught or Caleb figuring out how to wear the fire fighter helmet backward and hold 6 things in his hands and teeth while playing with something else on the floor.
2.  Cliff was in a play.  Now this sentence could also be used to describe what we did this summer, except that we did so much more after the play was over.  You have no idea how much work goes into a production until you are actually in one, too.  Cliff auditioned for "The Sound of Music" and was given the part of Uncle Max.  I was pretty happy with this until I found out that Uncle Max has two songs that are not in the movie.  It meant a lot of "just mommy" nights for the kids, and a lot of staying awake until 11 pm for me.  But he did a fabulous job, and as biased as I am, I can also truthfully state that he was definitely one of the fan favorites.
3.  I was called to be 2nd councilor in the RS presidency.  Cliff knew this was coming.  I didn't.  The old presidency had been in for quite a while, and let's face it, when the RS president asks the bishop pretty much every Sunday if she can be released, he will eventually listen.  She was wonderful, by the way, but never thought she was.  When the bishop asked to stop by our house, I assumed it was to give a talk.  Then Cliff reminded me that I had just given a talk the month before, and that I would be getting a new calling. He even hinted at RS.  Yeah, he can be a jerk.  I assumed, if he were right about a calling, that it would  be nursery, because those ladies had also been in a long time, Caleb was getting close to 18 months and I'd most likely be there anyway, and let's face it, nursery is more my speed.  No such luck.  Also no luck with getting released from compassionate service right after I was set apart for 2nd councilor, we were in the middle of a baby boom, and my Enrichment Night leader was one of the new moms.  That's all been straightened out now, thank goodness.  That could have been my entire summer and excuse for not posting more often, with the added complication/blessing of...
4.  I am expecting a little boy in January.  No, not the exchange student kind or babysitting or even "if the weather's bad I'll pick you up" expecting.  This Sharp family is going to modulate (add another sharp) again.  P.S. My sister has already told me that for Christmas she is sending me a ten foot pole that I can use to whack Cliff any time he tries to get close enough to whack, and if you really want to have another baby, tell everyone you know and even random strangers that you are done, and then get rid of all baby clothes and all other essential baby gear.  It really works.

In closing, I wish to inform you that I will commence with updating the blog and going over summer details even if there are no pics to go with the stories.  I think I have made a good case to show why it has been so long since I was last part of the blogging community, and promise to do better as long as nothing else earth shattering happens.  Like hernia surgery or new glasses or paying way too much for a suit that's actually two suits plus some new shirts and ties and...wait a minute... those happened too.  See what I mean?  I am glad fall is finally here so I can get a break.  Yeah, I thought that was a pretty funny sentence, too.

No comments: