Thursday, October 23, 2008

That Old Autumn Time


Okay, so I don't have any fun fall pics of us. Yet. Just give me a little time, and I'll do better. I figured since I haven't written anything in two weeks, I should get back on the ball. But here is a list of things we like to do in the autumn time:
1. Nadia loves it when I make apple cider and wassail. Great with popcorn and a movie.
2. Speaking of movies, we always watch "Nightmare Before Christmas" before Halloween. Cliff also has the soundtrack, and so we listen to that. All the time, not just in the fall. Cliff loves Danny Elfman.
3. We have to walk around the neighborhood and find all the piles of leaves so we can "crunch" them while we walk past. We all love the sound of crunchy leaves.
4. Pumpkin. We love to make all things that have pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. As Benjamin would say, "Num num". We also like making Jack-o-lanterns.
5. There are a lot of October birthdays on my side of the family, so fall is also party time central. Nadia, both my parents, my grandmother, and several others all have October birthdays.
There you have it.
Stay tuned for future installments, in which we have news about a family addition, leaves changing colors, and whether or not I can convince Cliff to help with the holiday decorations.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Does your "family addition" have 4 legs? Tricky, tricky...Hope you're feeling better. Tell the family hello.

Krista said...

We have lots of leaves for your family to come and crunch through. I haven't seen that movie for years. I might have to go see it again. I used to not like pumpkin. Now that I am older and more mature in my taste, I now like everything, I think I agree with Ben.

Michelle said...

I love fall!! It's got to be my favorite time of year. Sounds like you do a lot of fun things.

Jenny said...

Leaf stomping sounds like fun. I can't say that I have seen that movie. The older I get, the more I enjoy pumpkin flavored stuff. Miss you guys!!!