Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tiles

 Oh, I am finally back.  Don't ask me why, maybe it's the strain of trying to potty train a stubborn 3 year old, but I just haven't had the energy to blog lately.  Until I realized that none of you have seen my new kitchen tile, and what a truly rude and selfish thing it would be to not let everyone see it.  This first pic is of the tile and everyone helping to clean it, which will never happen again.  It is a definite go in the "I will scrapbook everything we have ever done...some day" pile of pics.

 This is the before pic.  Can you see why I didn't ever want to spend time in my kitchen?  Do you know how depressing it is to try to clean this, have the floor eat your mop, and after all your hard work, it still looked dirty?

 This is the close up.  I chose a 20 inch tile with a thinner 1/8 to 1/4 inch grout line. Yes, I like flirting with danger.  In alabaster. It is the same color as the lighter shading in the tile.  I really worried about those choices and whether or not they would all tie together with what we currently had in the kitchen, and almost went with a different colored tile and grout scheme.  Or theme.  Or thing. Or whatever.  Hey, I'm a stay at home mom, not a designer.

Look at that.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Now if only I had the same luck with my hair coloring choices.  But that is a different post all together. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks lovely. I wish my kitchen was that big.

Amy said...

i am so very jealous...