Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Latest Happenings

Last week was busy. I took the 2 older children in to have their cavities "fixed", Clifford had his week full of singing and finishing up the Spring term of Sounds Choir, mud has finally come to the back yard and into the house which signifies Spring (at least I tell myself it's mud), and we are getting all the details ironed out for our Easter Trip down to Utah.
Some things of interest:
Nadia decided she wants bangs again. So Nadia and I had a girls' afternoon and had haircuts. Long story short, I will never complain about my lack of hair cutting abilities again. Her bangs remind me of when Nadia was 5 and decided she needed to cut her hair by herself for Aunt Lauren's wedding. At least they will grow out, and she seems to think they look fine. She decided she wanted bangs again because then I don't have to fix her hair every day. She can brush it out all by herself. How unfair is that? I only get one girl, and she won't do girly hair. Sigh.
Brandon has been having a hard time lately. I wasn't joking when I called him Anti-Change Boy. He suddenly decided that he couldn't go to school or Primary without a Sharp (Mom, Dad, or Nadia) being there with him. His teachers at school noticed, and we had a chat. It was kind of embarrassing, being told that I needed to stay after so the teacher could talk to me. I told her we had a new baby at home, and the routine had changed, which I was sure was causing Brandon's anxiety issues. Brandon now has a chart that he fills every week. Every day that he goes to school without crying, he can put a sticker on the chart. At the end of the month, he gets a prize. I knew he was doing better when he got his first prize, a Club Penguin membership card for 1 month, and asked if he could go to Toys R Us and pick out a $70 remote controlled Red T-Rex instead.
Benjamin now talks like Cookie Monster. I love this stage. A few cute sayings: "Me want pay compooter." "Gainkoo" (Thank you) "Me yike pancakesh a yunch." (I would like pancakes for lunch.) Sunday, he came downstairs to get in the bed after Cliff went to take a shower. He climbed over onto Cliff's side, pulled up the covers, and said, "Ah. Dis is de yife." (Ah. This is the life.)
Caleb is doing wonderfully. Yesterday was his 2 month appt, and he now weighs 12 lbs 2 1/2 oz. and just a little over 24 inches long. He is hitting all his milestones, and the doctor thought it was kind of funny that Caleb only had eyes for me. I'm not surprised at all. He likes his siblings, and will smile and coo to them, but Mama is definitely the favorite. We used to joke that Caleb is a lone twin, because he would only sleep when someone was touching him. He's doing better with that, and sleeps beautifully in his crib now.
Our biggest accomplishment was on Sunday, when the entire family made it to church together. Never mind that we were half an hour late, we were all there. Now let's see if we can make a habit of it. Just not the late part.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It was SOOOO good to see you and the kids over the weekend. The boys are still talking about it (especially Gavin.) Thanks for making the effort. I know your life is busy but it really meant a lot.

Krista said...

I so wanted to run over and sunggle that cute baby in church, but I stopped myself because I saw him looking adoringly at you and I knew he would not take kindly to my snuggles:) Sigh. Hey, Chad should graduate in Dec, so tell Cliff that he need to pounce on him to sing more after that. He really wants to sing, but is busy with school. See ya tonight!