Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy

Welcome to another entertaining and incredibly true post, starring my amazingly energetic children and their sleep deprived parents. You may be wondering what that Sharp family has been up to for the last few weeks. Well, let me tell you.
Benjamin has become a computer genius. He can now start up the internet, navigate on to his favorite sites, and play games or find videos. In other words, he is now more computer savvy than me. He turns 3 in April. Hopefully, he waits to start his own computer company until he can read.
Brandon has had a very interesting couple of weeks. Have you noticed the change in his smile? That blasted tooth caused a bit of drama, unfortunately. It is a common fact that most children will wiggle a tooth that has become loose. What they will not do is yank on it in the hopes that the Tooth Fairy will come sooner.
I have problems with the yanking of teeth. Being a former dental assistant, I have seen the horror stories in action of people not taking care of their teeth, or causing damage by being impatient. I told Brandon not to yank. I explained to him why we don't yank. I even threatened him if he continued to yank. So what happened? After another explanation of broken roots and possible grounding if the yanking continued, Brandon went to his room. He came back shortly with a bloody mouth, hand, and tooth.
That's right, after all the talks and threats, Brandon pulled out his tooth on his own because he needed to feed Piggy (his piggy bank).
Cliff was not amused, and I was furious, especially after examining the root and seeing a little hole and crack in it. That tooth had not been ready to come out, he pulled it out anyway, and worst of all, he disobeyed.
When Brandon told us he was going to put his tooth under his pillow, I said no. I told him that the Tooth Fairy doesn't take teeth that aren't ready to come out. He was very upset, but there was no way I was going to reward that kind of behavior.
By the way, why is it that my kids believe in the Tooth Fairy, and not Santa? Another post for another time, my friends.
Nadia has been enjoying Achievement Day girls. She keeps asking me on Mondays if they are having a meeting the next day, because she doesn't want to miss any. Saturday is the Mommy and Me party, and she is very excited. Nadia is also doing a great job with piano and school, and we have finally solved the problem of finger nail biting by having a manicure day every week. Thanks to my good friend Krista for the wonderful idea!


Cliff has been a wonder. He is silly with the kids and plays with them after work, even though I know he is tired and would love a nap instead. He is very patient with me and my grumpiness, and poor Caleb's colic/indigestion. Who would have thought that the poor thing would have such a hard time whenever I ate chocolate? Of course I had to give it up, but let me tell you, between little to no sleep AND no chocolate, Karma is going to be getting a nasty email from me.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW! What a busy and emotional life you live. My life would seriously end if i had to give up chocolate.
Braedon had a tooth fall out with out the root, I know he doesn't yank. He is due for his check up soon, what are they going to do? Good luck!

Krista said...

I was wondering about the tooth fairy vs Santa :) However, i love your post! They make me laugh really hard. Your kids are so funny. i hope you are doing okay. have you tried gripe water for the baby. We used it for Mckayla and it seemed to help some. Ariana never used it becasue we had to buy a prescription for her tummy. Good luck. Holler if you want to send the kids down here while you take a nap:)

Eric and Tracey said...

Haha haha haha. I'm so laughing! I love all of the pics. You capture your family so well. :) I'm still laughing... sorry! :) I love you!!