Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Miss Nadia and the Ruby Red Shoes

These are Nadia's new shoes. Ta Da. She picked them out by herself when we went to Shoe Carnival. They are constantly on her feet, unless she's in school, the tub, or bed. I am waiting for the morning when she decides to wear them to school. Oh, it will happen. She is too much like me to not try it. She will be sneaky and not tell me that she's wearing them, so I will never notice. Because how on earth can I be that attuned to know she's wearing shiny red 2 inch heels, when we live in a house with a tile floor? And then she will be amazed once again with the powers of motherhood when I tell her I know what she's wearing and to take them off and put on her school shoes.

Look at those things. Claret red faux patent leather top (with a hint of elastic), mock croc open toe bottom. Yes, they are a more "mature" shoe. Nadia measured at a 5. These came from the women's section. That's all I can think of when I try to convince myself it's okay to let a 7 year old have a two inch heel. They just don't make dress-up shoes in a size 5.
Yes, I've heard all the jokes, too. She could dress up as Dorothy next Halloween and click her heels while saying, "There's no place like Nordy's!" (Nordstrom's) Or how great she'll do in a few years in the beauty pageant circuit since we started her high heel training now.
Oh, and on a side note...
You totally thought I was joking about feeling guilty about having a post with no pictures, didn't you? I will have you know that all day I was thinking of what pics to use and how many I could cram into one post to make up for this greatest of blogging sins. So if the apple crisp at school doesn't taste right tomorrow, you'll know why.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I am a size 5 1/2 in womens and I have to shop in the kids section (kids 4) sometimes because it is cheaper and it is hard to find shoes my size. So, if I can wear kids shoes then she can wear adult shoes, except at school. I think they are cute. What shoes did you get?

Michelle said...

Those shoes are awesome, I'd love to see her waking around in them. I would have died to have shoes like that when I was seven.

Jenny said...

Is she taller than me too. What did Cliff think of the shoes? I would love to see her walking in them as well. All i can think of is poor Braedon, his feet are still a size 12-1 in kids and his pants still have to be cinched up as far as they will go around the waist.