Saturday, January 17, 2009

Three Cheers For Aunt Marlene

Clifford, my darling husband, has an Aunt Marlene. She decided to adopt all of the Sharp grandchildren as her own, and for Christmas she gave them Visa gift cards that they could use anywhere. They were a huge hit, and today, my children finally got to spend them.

We had tried to use the cards before, but Nadia and Brandon turned into wild and crazy children and we left with nary a toy for them. Yeah, Cliff and I are mean that way. Today was attempt #2, which went much better. They both used up their cards and got what they wanted.

Brandon decided to get the Hot Wheels T. Wrecks car set, and roared like a dinosaur while it was being set up. Nadia chose Wedding Day Barbie and an accessories set for her Cabbage Patch mini dolls. They now have a very cute and color coordinated living room.

Can you see the looks of patience on their faces while mommy takes a picture? The look of, "Just open this already, it's been three whole minutes since we got home and I NEED TO PLAY!!!"

Benjamin got a card, too. He now has a new ball and Thomas the Train shirt, which he points to and says, "Tata!" until you acknowledge what it is. There would be a picture of him, but he found a hidden cache (his) of markers and proceeded to draw all over his head and face in blue. Was there a BYU game I didn't know about? Needless to say, it is not a pretty sight, and we all know what a clean and organized mother I am. Okay, stop, I can hear you laughing.

THANK YOU AUNTIE MARLENE! WE LOVE YOU! :)

2 comments:

Krista said...

I totally think you are an organized mom! When ever I have been to your house, it always seems to be spotless. You should always show blue faces. My family loves those pictures the best. I'm glad your kids are enjoying their presents.

Jenny said...

I can't believe how much yours and my kids have grown up. I really wish they could stay small a lot longer. Nadia looks so cute. I hope they have a blast with their new toys. PS, I do the same thing with my kids when they start throwing a fit in the store. Only difference is I make them go to bed when we get home. Now that is mean.