Friday, August 14, 2009

Questions

Should we find out the gender of this baby? The ultrasound is coming up, and we have found out with all the other children. I know Nadia is adamant about knowing if it's a boy or a girl, but she took it pretty hard when she found out we were expecting Benjamin instead of Benjamina. Although, this little girl's name would have been "Princess Ballerina" according to Nadia. So maybe it was good we had a boy.
Should we let the children come this time and risk Nadia bawling on the way home? Or just Cliff and I go, and then gently break the news to the children so they can cry when they are already at home?

Is it better to let the children keep their own made up words or correct them right away, or does it depend on the word? For instance, we were discussing various dinner choices for tonight. Nadia wanted "portugeeyas". I'm probably spelling it wrong, but however you spell it, it sounds like you are eating some poor Portuguese person for dinner. Really not very appetizing to a pregnant woman who gets the image of some huge pot with a foot sticking out of it every time Nadia mentions it. She finally told us it means a quesadilla with tomato sauce, but I still can't get rid of that foot image.
This also occurs quite a bit with Benjamin, who uses the word "badoo" for Bowser of Mario fame or any other dinosaur, as well as what he calls his grandmothers. I have been too scared to ask either of these ladies what they think of this, and whether or not it should be stopped. Would you be offended if someone was calling you a dinosaur? Or does it depend on who it is?

Cliff is talking about going back to school. He is debating getting his MBA with an emphasis in one area, which would involve taking about 4 classes in that major. Or he should get the MBA and this major together, as offered at a different school? Also, how much does the school name matter now? Does it make a difference what you study at different schools?
If Clifford does go back to school, does he expect me to support him in the manner to which he is now accustomed while I am 7 months pregnant? Or will he decide to be gentlemanly and wait for his sugarmama to deliver this baby and recover sufficiently before sending me back to the mines?

And why can't we get any ripe tomatoes? Will they ever go from yellowish green to red?
That is probably the greatest question of all.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my, you sound like Kambrie with all your questions! Good luck to the first and third one. As long as he is not calling me one, the second one is funny, and I don't think the Grandmas would mind. As to the last one, at least your's are yellow!

My Sweet Baby said...

With our 4th we decided to have it be a suprise. It really wasnt hard waiting either. I actually think it helped me get in tune with her better during my pregnancy. I paid more attention to what would make her move or be still, listening to her surroundings. I wasnt worried about not finding out either because we already had all of the baby stuff for a boy or a girl.

You should try wating. My kids really enjoyed telling everyone it was a suprise. It was almost like christmas when they came home after she was born cause they wanted to see 'what we got". hehe