Friday, December 4, 2009

Brandon Is Six!

Yesterday was Brandon's 6th birthday. He wanted to go to Leo's Place for pizza and the play area. He also wanted a sledding party, but that will have to wait, as all the snow is gone right now.

Actual dialogue from the opening of presents:
-Transformers! I always wanted these guys!
-Dinosaurs! I 've been waiting for those!
-Money! Just what I always wanted!
-Shirts?! Who got me shirts? I don't want shirts!
He also got a bunch of John Deere stuff that he has been very nice about sharing with Ben, and decided that some of the shirts were okay, since they had dinosaurs and 4wheelers on them. Except the two that I bought for him, because one was plain and the other just has a cobra on it. So not cool.
We made a new vanilla cake for the vanilla boy, and it is a hit at our house. You can find the recipe on the Kitchen to Kitchen blog. It was his idea for the whipped cream and strawberries. Such a sophisticated palate for one so young. We will still do the sledding party, I think, and in the mean time, we have plenty on our hands with a ward Christmas party (Cliff will be singing in a quartet, if he can find enough men for a quartet), a baptism, and having the talk multiple times with our children about how it's okay for other people to believe in Santa, even if we don't.


No comments: