Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brandon

Brandon had his 5th birthday on December 3rd. He was very excited about it and kept asking me, "Mom. mom, do you know what the 3rd is?" I would reply, "Tell me." "It's my BIRTHDAY!!!" I was also mean and in a hurry one time and just told him it was his birthday. "Mom, who told you? How did you know it was my birthday?" was the response that time.
This is Brandon trying to be patient with camera-idiot mom right before opening presents. Yes, all those in the background are his. He is a spoiled little boy with both sets of grandparents and an Auntie Marlene.


After opening presents, we went to Leo's Place. It's kind of like Chucky Cheese's with pizza and games, but the best thing is their huge play area, with a huge slide at the end. This is Brandon and his cousin Zackary going up the rope ladder to get inside the play area. They really just played and hardly ate any pizza. Natural behavior for a new 5 year old and his cousin. The two girls did a little better with the eating thing.


This is the cake. Yes, I freehanded the letters, which was a terrible idea, but maybe I actually did the messy writing on purpose so it wouldn't intimidate the rest of you. :) The idea originally was to have a few cars driving on a road, but then Brandon went with Grandma to the store to get cake decorating items. The road had to be a rainbow instead of plain brown chocolate sprinkles, and he also decided the cake needed a fish pond with fish and some gummi bears needed to be thrown into the mix for some reason, too. And it had to be white. Maybe next year he'll let me do it all by myself.


2 comments:

Krista said...

I would never even attempt to do a cake like that. I think you did a great job. I haven't had a chance to tell you, but a few Sunday's ago, you were wearing a black and white dress and you looked so cute! Sorry for teh delayed compliment, but it is true. Anyway, happy birthday Brandon.

Natalie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Brandon! We're so glad that you are friends with Gavin. Thanks for coming to our house to see Gavin on his birthday...we wish we could have been with you to celebrate yours. Hope you had a great day!