Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pros and Cons

Clifford is on a diet.
Pro: a diet change will help his medication help him to lose weight and get healthier.
Con:  a low-carb diet does not fit well with my lactose-free diet and new idea of adding more vegetarian meals like the Word of Wisdom suggests. Any suggestions for a week of meals consisting of only spinach, lettuce, and cauliflower, anyone?

Sarah has a broken filling.
Pro:  being a former dental assistant, I automatically knew what it was.  Okay, so just about anyone could have seen the huge hole in my tooth and known there was some sort of issue.
Con:  being a former dental assistant, I have a rough idea of what it will cost to fix it.  Sigh.  And we just finished paying off the kids' dental work.

Nadia wants to be home-schooled.
Pro:  homeschooling would be a great way to keep her ahead academically.
Con:  she is still a little nervous about the changes with a new school year, and would hate to be home every day for school.  So would I, to be honest.

Brandon got a haircut at home.
Pro:  he didn't cry this time or tell me that Lance does a MUCH better job.
Con:  he has a bald spot in front where he had been twirling, then pulling his hair.  Very noticeable now.

Benjamin is potty trained.
Pro:  no more diapers or expensive pull-ups to buy.
Con:  he has to take a trip at least twice during Sacrament meeting.  Usually when Caleb is about to fall asleep and Cliff is up front because he needs to direct the music.  And one of these trips will be a false alarm.

Caleb is still nursing and refuses a bottle.
Pro:  we don't have to buy any formula. And I'm hoping he sucks all the fat right out of me.
Con: he is back on a 2 hour feed schedule even with the cereal and baby food.  The boy better have a serious growth spurt soon.  He probably isn't sucking out any of my fat, either.  The little turkey.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I wonder how Nadia would do at a charter school. I have a friend that has her daughter in a charter school in pocatello and she loves it. I was considering it for McKayla if Kindergarten didn't work out. Chad said that he too needed to go on a diet with your husband. Maybe they could find a time to workout together too. Have a great day.

Amy said...

Our kids LOVE their charter school. Rob is probably on the same meds as Cliff and I could probably give you some great recipes. You crack me up and I love your blog!