Thursday, September 9, 2010

Twisted Correction

I take it back.  Benjamin is not potty trained.  Entirely.  He gets the idea, and usually does what he is supposed to, but tonight, he decided to let Daddy see what it is like in the life of Mommy.
While I was running to the store to get some food for dinner, since the kids really weren't in the mood for twigs and bark or my jokes, Benjamin had an accident.  I tell you this with a a sort of half smile and lots of compassion for my husband, while at the same time, my heart is doing a happy dance and singing, "It's not just me, it's not just me..."
My sister and I were just having this discussion, you see.  Why is it that it seems so easy for Daddies to put kids down for naps, help them eat their veggies, or go potty?  Why do children give Daddies so many breaks?
Then something like today happens, and while I am very sorry that it did, it makes me feel better.  Unless you are Cliff and reading this, in which case it just makes me very very sad.    :(

2 comments:

Krista said...

Ha ha ha...wait, I mean that's terrable. Have a great day.

Michelle said...

I thought Trina was trained...for a week, but then she showed me that she really wasn't. It was a nice week.