Friday, November 19, 2010

Sibling Revenge

Now that I have talked about all of my sibs, I thought it only fair to reveal a few embarrassing and maybe funny stories about myself, before any one hacked into my account and did it for me.
So what was I like as a child?  Well, my dad used to call me his "Stepford Child", referring that I was perfect.  Unfortunately, this isn't too far off the mark, and it makes for some creepy home video watching.  While some of my other siblings would sit for a few minutes and then start to spin the chair or suddenly do a cartwheel, I would sit in the chair, ramrod straight, with my arms folded. I was so still it's hard to tell if I was breathing.  My parents were "Mother" and "Father", and I enunciated every word like I was on an ESL program.
Did you know I used to be a hoarder?  Oh yes, I was.  And it was those little Pillsbury layered biscuits that I simply had to have.  I would gorge on them at dinner, and when no one was looking, I would slip a few onto my lap for later.  Then I would hide them in between the bed and dresser, or in my sock drawer.  See, Krista, it could be worse.
I used to have that Dorothy Hamill pageboy/bowl cut.  Look it up on Wikipedia and see the disaster that was my hair. I hated how short it was, especially compared to my sister's divinely lovely hair that went at least halfway down her back.  My parents finally let me grow out the back, so I had an almost mullet.  But being the incredibly serious child that I was, you can be sure that even with business in the front there wasn't a party in the back. Maybe a pleasant chat between friends, but never a party.
Did you know that I used to cry while reading a book or watching a movie?  And it didn't even have to be that good?  What am I saying, I still do that. You don't want to know how many tissues I went through when Dobby the house elf died in the last Harry Potter book.  J.K. Rowling is a monster.
So when did I become the incredibly chic, cool, suave and witty woman that I am today?  Ha!  I will tell you: I am the world's best actress.  It is all a front. I am still that little geeky girl just waiting to be exposed.  Which is why I find it amazing that people talk to me on a regular basis and actually invite me to things. 
And now you know more about me. 

2 comments:

Krista said...

You are amazing!!!! I love to talk with you. You are so smart and you can always make me smile.

Amy said...

We seriously need to hang out more. You and I sound a lot alike!